Overcoming Narcissist Abuse, by Elizabeth Shaw – Life Coach.
When you have been left isolated from friends, and family, and you’ve been left by the narcissist full of anxiety, it can seem incredibly hard making new friends, stepping out of your comfort zone and trusting in others. If you made a choice to leave the narcissist or they left you, having a good friendship group is a must.
Having little or no friends and finding it hard to get out and make new friends, you are far from alone.
Find and make a list of your strengths and talents, start telling yourself “I can, and I will make friends.”
1. Always be who you are. Good people will love you for you, being yourself is an excellent way of eliminating toxic people.
2. Start with places you do go and places you feel comfortable if you go to the same shop and see the same person on the till, smile, say hello if you don’t already do so then pay them a compliment.
3. Join online support groups and start making incredible friends online, any negativity in a support group leave those comments be, and look for those helping each other, there are some amazing ones, who have been through what you have and understand you completely. Stay positive in any of your responses and uplifting.
4. Don’t listen to your self-doubt in your mind, listen to your instincts.
5. Start by smiling at everyone you meet, those who don’t smile back, don’t stop smiling at them next time you see them, they may find it as hard as you do to make friends.
6. Don’t judge others, as you know all too well we all have a story.
7. Next step is to start to say hello to everyone you meet, and you’ll begin to feel better when you get some hellos back, don’t worry about those who don’t, anything could be happening in their life.
8. Once you are feeling a little more confident, say hello and pay them a compliment, if they respond, ask them their name.
9. Listen to them, ask questions and answers questions, friendships is give and take.
10. Remember to be kind and polite, yet if something doesn’t feel right in your gut, leave them be.
11. Take it slow, and true friendships are developed over time not jumped straight in.
12. You don’t have to be perfect to make friends, and people make mistakes, you only need to be yourself.
You can, and you will.
Join me on social media.
Click the link below for the full online course to help you understand and overcome narcissistic abuse, with a link inside to free access for the hidden online support group, with daily advice and support from me, alongside other survivors doing the course.
free online starter course for help with overcoming narcissistic abuse.
Help with Overcoming trauma bonding and anxiety online course.
All about the narcissist Online course.
Rebuild your trust.