Red flags of a narcissist.
Some signs you are dealing with a narcissist, now a lot of people can and will have one of the traits or two. Some are human nature, doesn’t mean they are a true narcissist, they could just be a negative person or very confident within themselves. Listen to the actions of those around you, it’s not what they say, it’s what they do.
Signs you’re dealing with a narcissist.
- They Have an over-exaggerated sense of self-importance.
- They Have a real sense of entitlement and require constant, excessive admiration.
- They need, want and expect to be recognised as superior even without achievements to back it up.
- They will Exaggerate and lie about any achievements or talents.
- They have their own fantasies about success, power, beauty or the perfect mate
- They think and believe that they are superior and can only be around people equally special people.
- They take over conversations making it all about them, and belittle or look down on people they think are not as good as themselves. They will also belittle people who are doing better than them and find a way of how lucky they are, and it’s nothing they did they must have received an inheritance to get that new car etc.
- They Expect special favours from those around them and unquestioning compliance with their expectations. They will rarely do any favours in return.
- They are more than happy to Take advantage of others to get what they want.
- They have a great inability or unwillingness to recognise the needs and feelings of others. Will do very little or nothing at all to help those around them, unless they can get something greater from it.
- They are incredibly envious of others and believe others envy them.
- They behave arrogantly, and they seem conceited, boastful and pretentious. They really want and believe they are entitled to the best. They even expect and insist on having the best of everything, for example. The best clothes, for lesser narcissistic, the best car for mid-range and the best house holidays and everything for the greater narcissist.
- They have great trouble handling any form of criticism.
- They will become very impatient or angry when they don’t receive special treatment.
- They have significant interpersonal problems and easily feel slighted.
- They will react with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make themselves appear superior.
- They have great difficulty regulating their emotions and their own behaviour.
- They have major problems dealing with stress and adapting to change, and they may not show this to others.
- They can feel depressed and moody because they fall short of their own sense of perfection the insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation, these are often hidden within themselves,
- They will Lie about anything and everything often believing their own lies.
- They will Project all their feelings onto you.
- They Gaslight you.
- They can be violent, especially when caught out on a lie, they will twist and turn your words in any way possible.
- Look into their eyes when you question a minor thing they really do change.
- They give you the silent treatment.
- They talk badly about you to everyone around them, often making up stories of what you are doing to them, when in fact they are doing it to you.
- They might cheat.
- They take no financial responsibility, often taking as much money from you as they can.
- They try to move in with you real fast.
- They try to get you to move away from your family and friends as they know. Your friends will see a change in you. They remember your family and friends will spot their true self before they’ve fully got you hooked.
Join me, Elizabeth Shaw – Life Coach on social media, for more information on Overcoming Narcissistic Abuse.
Click the link below for the full online course to help you understand and overcome narcissistic abuse, with a link inside to free access for the hidden online support group, with advice and support from Elizabeth Shaw, alongside other survivors doing the course.
Free online starter course for help with overcoming narcissistic abuse.
Help with Overcoming trauma bonding and anxiety online course.
All about the narcissist Online course.
Recovery from narcissistic abuse and help with Co-Parenting, understanding how narcissists work, help with recovery and helping the children through.
For 1-2-1 Coaching with me, email @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Elizabeth Shaw is not a Doctor or a therapist. She is a mother of five, a blogger, a survivor of narcissistic abuse, and a life coach, She always recommends you get the support you feel comfortable and happy with. Finding the right support for you. Elizabeth has partnered with BetterHelp where you will be matched with a licensed councillor, who specialises in recovery from this kind of abuse. (Sponsored.). https://betterhelp.com/elizabethshaw
Elizabeth Shaw’s Recommended Reading List.