A few steps towards a new upbeat approach to life. As a better outlook on life will give you more happiness than anything else.
If you eat healthy fresh food, your body benefits; in the same way, if you feed your brain healthy, positive thoughts, your mind will benefit. Providing your mind with helpful thoughts and optimism￼, surrounding yourself with helpful, positive people that want to bring out the best in you will give you a more optimistic outlook on life, giving you more confidence and building your self-esteem.
It’s time to lose those negative thought that hold you back, that have held you back in the past and replace them with positive thoughts, and you will step into a newfound self and a much happier, more prosperous future. You are the only one that can control your thoughts; others may have planted seeds in there that have grown; you can reverse this process; it takes work, self-awareness and understanding at first; the more you do it, the easier it will become.
1. Positive self-talk. Control your own inner dialogue, speak to yourself kindly, positive affirmations. “I love myself.” “I am kind.” “I can do anything I put my mind to.” “ I feel great.” start talking to yourself in the ways you speak to those you care for.
2. Your mind controls your emotions; you control your mind. Your emotions are determined by the way you talk to yourself, so change those emotions to happier ones by changing the way you talk to yourself.
3. Consciously interrupt those negative thought patterns and find a positive to replace them with; it can be challenging to start; like learning anything new, it takes time and practice.
4. Helpful, positive visualisation, visualise your goals as already accomplished, visualise how you want your life to be, the more you see it on the inside, you’ll naturally start to create it on the outside, you do have to put the work in to get it, the more you visual your goals, the more you’ll be willing to work towards achieving them.
5. Surround yourself with positive people; avoid the gossips, avoid those who pull others down, avoid those who try to sabotage you, those who call you names, those who get you to question your emotions, rather than support you in your decisions, surrounding yourself with negative people feeds your brain negativity, so remove or limit contact, sometimes we have to walk alone until we can find the right people to walk with.,
6. Surrounding yourself with like-minded positive, happy people will fill your mind with a positive thought and make you feel good; as you are becoming more positive, you’ll make them feel good too, win-win, start doing the things you enjoy doing, to find those who enjoy similar experiences to you.￼
7, Positive health habits, feed your body good food, everything in moderation, don’t deprive yourself.
8. Exercise whatever form you find that you enjoy; exercise is a proven mood booster, half the battle is getting started, sometimes you have just to do it, then find the motivation once you start, I’ll do five min, then when you get to five, tell yourself ill do ten minutes, you often find you’ll feel much happier after doing it than you feel when you don’t. ￼
9. Get into a good sleeping habit; these help you not only physically but also mentally; exercise can help with this, creating a sleep routine that works for you, if you wake early and it fits your life, get up early and work early, go to bed early, if you wake late, get up late and work late into the evening.
10. Positive mental food read a positive book, listen to positive affirmations, watch positive, uplifting videos, things that are educational, helpful and optimistic; if the news brings you down, stay away from the news.
11. Positive training and development; formal education makes a good living, make sure it’s something you enjoy.
12. Self-awareness and self-improvement give to make your inner being a fortune.
13. Positive expectations, always expect the best in every situation; you need to give your positive best to receive the positive best; if something’s not working, change it up, find the positive make it better or move on to something better. Never give up on yourself.
14. New routines, find routines that suit you, that help you if you’re always running late in the morning and stressing, set that alarm earlier at the other side of your bed and get up, or get what you can organise the night before, turn off the T.V for five minute quick wins, get your clothes out ready for your morning, make sure your keys and money are in the same place where you can always find them.
15. Find your sense of humour, whatever that humour is to you. Laughter is a fantastic medicine; watch things that make you laugh.
Click the links below to join, Elizabeth Shaw – Life Coach on social media, for more information on Overcoming Narcissistic Abuse.
Recovery from anxiety.